- Are you finding enough iron in your vegetarian diet?
- Do you know what foods help your body absorb the iron you eat?
- Should you take an iron supplement?
Iron deficiency anemia is a worldwide problem and often vegetarian and vegan diets are viewed as at risk for this nutrient deficiency. Use the resource Iron in Vegetarian Diets to discover –
- Evidence-based research on the iron status of vegetarians
- The best plant sources for iron
- How vitamin C increases iron absorption
Also available in the Iron in Vegetarian Diets resource are the requirements for athletes following any type of vegetarian diet.