- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 lemon
- 3 spinach leaves
- Prepare cauliflower: remove leaves and stem from cauliflower and cut into pieces.
- Prepare Brussels sprouts: remove the outer leaves, cut off the stem, and cut in half.
- Bring small amount of water to a boil in saucepan with steamer basket.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add Brussels sprouts to steamer basket and cover. Steam Brussels sprouts for 5 to 10 minutes until tender. Remove and set aside.
- Add cauliflower to steamer basket and cover. Steam cauliflower for 10 to 15 minutes until soft enough to mash.
- Remove cauliflower and mash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ cup milk.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts over mashed cauliflower.
- Drizzle lemon dressing (recipe below) over cooked vegetables and garnish with spinach.
- Squeeze the juice of lemon and mix with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Whisk together.