Roasting the vegetables helps to produce a rich, savory flavor. This is the perfect side dish for any meal. Add your own variety of vegetables from your own garden or local market to make your own version of this delicious dish.
- 12 basil leaves (3 Tbsp.)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped, de-seeded tomatoes (reserve the seed pulp)
- 1 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll basil leaves into a tight roll and cut thin strips. Mix with salt, pepper, olive oil, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Lay chopped vegetables on a silicon mat or aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil herbal mixture over the vegetables.
- Place in oven and heat for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the vegetable broth to boil in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in quinoa and heat for 25 minutes until most of the broth has been absorbed. Stir in the tomato seed pulp and heat another 10-15 minutes until all the moisture has been absorbed.
- Mix with roasted vegetables. Serve warm
Yield: 5 ½ cups