This grab and go delight tastes best when fresh, but also will store for 1-2 days if wrapped with plastic wrap. For this recipe I used a brown rice spring roll wrap.
- 1 ¾ cup cooked soba noodles
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. portabella mushrooms, cut into ¼” strips
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 12 – spring roll wrappers
- Dish of warm water
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions. A stack about one-inch in diameter is enough to prepare the necessary amount of noodles.
- When the noodles have cooked immediately drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a 12” skillet. Add peanut butter and red pepper flakes. Add portabella mushrooms strips and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip mushroom strips and cook another minute.
- Add coleslaw mix and cook until the cabbage and carrots are soft and partially cooked. Add soba noodles and chopped cilantro and toss mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Follow package directions to soften spring roll wrappers. Most require that each wrapper be dipped in warm water for 10-15 seconds to soften. Immediately add a heaping ¼ cup of soba noodle and mushroom mix to one end of the roll. Fold the sides of the wrapper over the mixture and then roll to complete.
Yield: 12 spring rolls