This delightful avocado and tofu spread is light and refreshing – perfect on tea sandwiches, cucumber slices, or even with chips. Fresh dill helps to provide a fresh flavor to this dish.
- 12 oz. extra firm tofu, drained
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped dill1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried sweet basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaf
- Optional: crackers, cucumber slices, or small slices of sandwich breads
- Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for a few minutes until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least one hour prior to serving.
- Serve as a dip or a spread or fill a piping bag and pipe onto crackers, slices of cucumber, or open face sandwiches.
Yield: approximately 2 ½ – 2 ¾ cups