- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup egg whites or use one egg equivalent of your preferred egg replacer
- 1/2 cup skim milk or your favorite milk alternative
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tins.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a second bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir by hand for 20-30 strokes or until batter is mixed, but still lumpy.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for mini muffins or 20 minutes for regular muffins.