Submitted by: Debbie Petitpain, MS, RD, LD, and Nina Crowley, MS, RD, LD
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 cup Plum tomatoes, diced (about 3 tomatoes)
- ½ cup Orange bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Mango, diced
- ¼ cup Green onions, diced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1-15 oz can Black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro leaves (garnish)
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper, mango, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, and rinsed beans in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Serve as a side dish and add whatever you like to make it yours: pineapple, avocado, spices, etc…get creative!
Nutritionals (1/4 cups):
Calories: 34; Total Fat: 0 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 83 mg; Carbohydrates: 8 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugar: 1 g; Vitamin A: 10% DV; Vitamin C: 20% DV; Calcium: 2% DV; Iron: 6% DV