Are you in the mood for an artistic dinner project? Won tons make a fun and edible tool for creating flavorful and beautiful appetizers. Just fill the won ton with a dollop of savory filling, pinch the edges together to form a purse and twist. Add a sweet and tangy sauce to round out an eye and mouth appealing appetizer.
Servings: 36-40 won tons
- 16 oz. can reduced sodium chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 cup coleslaw cabbage mix
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 pkg. won ton wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Combine all ingredients, except won ton wrappers, Worcestershire sauce and orange juice in a food processor. Pulse until a thick paste is formed.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of chickpea mix in center of each won ton wrapper. Fold sides together, pinch and twist to form a purse.
- Steam 25-30 minutes in a bamboo or metal steamer.
- In a small bowl, whisk the Worcestershire sauce and orange juice. Serve with steamed won tons.
Nutritional Facts (per 6-7 won tons plus ½ Tbsp sauce)
Calories: 280; Fat: 9 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Trans Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 8 mg; Sodium: 570 mg; Carbohydrates: 43 g; Fiber: 6 g; Sugar: 7 g; Protein: 10 g; Vitamin A: 141 IU; Vitamin C: 5 mg; Calcium: 72 mg; Iron: 3.8 mg