Spring is in the air. Celebrate spring with this sweet, fruity salad topped with tangy, balsamic dressing and crunchy almond slivers. Hint: to get thin slices of strawberries, try using an egg slicer.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Go VeggieTM cream cheese alternative
- 4 cups mesclun spring mix salad
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes or until mixture is reduced to half. Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese alternative to form a creamy sauce.
- Prepare four salad bowls. Place 1 cup spring mix in each bowl. Top with ½ cup sliced strawberries, kiwi slices, and ¼ cup fresh peas.
- Drizzle balsamic dressing over salad. Top with ¼ cup sliced almonds.
Yield: 4 servings