Recipe by: Amithy Smith
Yield: 13 servings (3 fritters per serving)
Black-eyed peas are used as part of the holiday meals during Christmas time. This recipe is delicious, nutritious and easy to prepare and all enjoy the light fluffy taste of the black-eyed peas.
- 1 lb Dried black-eyed peas (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup Bread flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 Onion, chopped
- ½ Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Seasoned salt
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Small amount of oil to pan fry
- Drain black-eyed peas and blend in food processor with onions, bell pepper and garlic.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder, and dried herbs, mix well.
- Make this mixture into small patties.
- Heat the small amount of oil (either canola or coconut).
- Pan fry the patties until golden brown in a small amount of canola or coconut oil.
- Serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Nutritionals (per serving)
Calories: 180; Total Fat: 2 grams; Sodium: 10 mg; Fiber: 7 grams; Protein: 10 grams