Submitted by: Janet Bond Brill, PhD, RD, LDN
Yield: 6 servings – 1 ¼ cup salad with 2 tsp dressing
Ingredients: Parsley Chive Dressing
- ¾ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch Flat-leaf Italian parsley, stalks removed
- 3 stalks Fresh chives, cut into small pieces
- 5 oz Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Dried Mission figs, chopped
- ½ cup Chopped walnuts, toasted
Directions: Parsley Chive Dressing
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until ingredients are well combined, scraping down the sides of the container at least once.
Directions: Arugula Salad
- In a bowl, toss arugula with the parsley chive dressing.
- Arrange arugula on a platter or in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with figs and walnuts.
- Serve with more dressing on the side if desired.
Nutritionals (1 ¼ cup salad with 2 tsp dressing)
Calories: 189; Total Fat: 13 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 25 mg; Carbohydrates: 19 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 13 g; Protein: 3 g; Vitamin A: 13% DV; Vitamin C: 10% DV; Calcium 9% DV; Iron: 6% DV
An excerpt from the book The Heart Disease Reversal Plan by Janet Bond Brill, Ph.D., R.D., LDN; to be published by Three Rivers Press; February 2011; Copyright © 2011 Janet Brill, Ph.D. To learn more about this book please visit www.HeartDiseaseReversal.com