Pineapple has been a symbol of welcome in many cultures for centuries. It is an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. So fire up your grills and welcome spring with this tasty dessert. Please note temperature may vary depending on the type of grill used.
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, ½” thick
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp lime zest
- ¼ cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- Preheat grill to 425°F.*
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice and agave syrup.
- In a second bowl, combine lime zest and flaked coconut.
- Baste pineapple slices with lime juice and agave syrup mixture using a basting brush. Place pineapple slices basted side down directly on grill. Cover and grill for five minutes.
- Baste pineapple slices with lime syrup mixture and carefully flip. Cover and grill for another five minutes.
- Baste slices a final time and flip. Top slices with lime zest and coconut mixture.
- Cover and grill for five minutes or until the coconut has toasted. Serve warm.
Yield: 6 slices
*Please note: grill temperature was based on a gas grill.