Create a special, healthy treat fit for just two or the whole family with this spin on an old soda fountain favorite.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 11 fl. oz vanilla soy milk
- 1/8 cup cooking oil
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- Chocolate syrup
- Dried cherries
- Prep and heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine and then form a well.
- In the middle of the well, place vanilla, mashed bananas, soy milk, and cooking oil.
- With a large spoon, combine the mixture but do not over mix. There should still be lumps in the batter.
- Cook batter in waffle iron according to directions.
- Top with crushed pineapple, strawberries, chocolate syrup, and dried cherries.
Yield: Makes 1-2 waffles per person, depending on waffle iron size.